“Wilhelma and the surrounding country (not Medjel Yaba side). Taken after return from Hospital at Alexandria until we moved out of Wilhelma.”
The above description would place these photographs in the first two or three months of 1918. All were taken by Harry Belson, or with his camera, and captions, where present, are as noted by him.
Wilhelma had been a German colony and was where the Brigade was billeted during this time. Most of the photographs show village life and agriculture, with some excursions into the neighbouring towns of Jaffa and Ludd.
© Paul Barham, March 2018